Sunday, April 6, 2008

Respect for our Presidents

In my opinion I'm not particularly for or against President Bush. I don't really know where exactly I stand with him, but in my opinion every president deserves our respect. I am fully aware that George Bush has made some decisions that aren't the smartest. I respect everyone’s right to dislike president Bush or his decisions. Although I believe that he more than everyone deserves everyone’s respect. I was driving down Highway 183 the other day and I saw a bumper sticker on the back of the car in front of me. It said "1.20.09" and something under it a little smaller. I pulled closer and saw "Bush's Last Day". I have to say I think it's pretty unnecessary and uncalled for. I understand that this is a free country and we have freedom of speech, but I don't think we should have so much disrespect for the man who runs our country. Everyone makes mistakes, and even though he may have made many, who hasn't? He just happened to do so while he was in office. I believe our country becomes more and more disrespectful as the years go on. Let's have a little respect for eachother, why don't we.

No comments: